Tuesday 6 December 2016

Communication Packet

Communication Packet
How Do I see myself?
I regard myself as an average person. However, I conduct all my activities in a unique manner. I admit that I am neither perfect nor excellent in my field but through experience, I have learned to do my best. My physical features are outstanding just like any other young person. I confirm with a clear conscience that my personality will not change in near future. I also admit that at times, I get moody and may say things that would regret later. When this happen, I invest my time in resolving the dispute, even if it means that I must apologize for wrong deeds.
Currently, I am at an exploration stage. As much as possible, I want to learn and understand the world around me. For instance, I participate in music classes and attend theater sessions. In addition, I visit museums and art galleries during my free time. I strive to be true to myself. In times of joy, others will realize that I am happy indeed because I share my delight or sorrows with my friends and peers. When I was in high school, my close confidants said that they trust and treasure me since I was their role model.
Today, I still do not know how I influenced them but I am happy and satisfied that my friends viewed my presence positively. While I have made many more friends all along, I have retained some of my childhood pals because of a similar mindset. At one point, they became my enemies. However, we later settled our differences because I understood that we had a strong bond. Without them, my story is incomplete.
Crude Behavior

I use crude speech in several instances. I consider the behavior as acceptable, given that manners barely matters in a social setting. Besides, I attribute my actions to ignorance because sometimes, I am unaware of how other people view me as a person. Mostly I hold a conversation with my peers who regard crude talk as normal and acceptable. It portrays a sense of defiance against the mainstream’s views, thus allowing for the establishment of a unique mindset with those that share similar ideas.
            When I am at home or playing in the field, I swear in front of my friends and peers. Given that they swear in my presence too, the mutual feeling of guilt for going against my parents’ or teachers’ wishes is eliminated. In a classroom setting, however, I refrain from cursing or other behaviors that portray impoliteness and indiscipline. I respect my parents as well, thus I barely talk crudely in their presence. Yet, my father occasionally talks rudely and does not seem to mind whether I swear or not. Undeniably, cursing is not as admirable as many people think. Nevertheless, it is increasingly becoming part and parcel of the modern culture.
            My moral standards and personal conviction disqualify me from swearing in places like a church, medical facilities, or public gatherings. Often, I study the environment carefully before exercising crude speech. Moreover, the use of social media sites has increased my swearing chances. For instance, it is easy to send a humorous crude text to friends for entertainment purposes.  The developers of social media sites are to blame for this since they encourage free speech.
Vulgar Language
Growing up in a family where the use of vulgar language is hardly prohibited encourages a negative behavior. Furthermore, actors and musicians fuel the rise of rude culture through movies and rock music and rap. Specifically, the mainstream media has significantly influenced my generation. It encourages the adoption of freedom of free speech while discouraging some forms of punishment. Consequently, it is not easy to get through the experiences that our elders bestow on us. During my early teens, I swore because I did not hear the words often. I repeated what I heard from my elder brother and I was unaware of its offensiveness. It was a creative way of inserting a new vocabulary in a regular sentence. Conversely, the use of vulgar language increased tremendously until I lost count. The sophistication of this abominable language and its rich vocabulary made it hard for me to realize how damaging it was.
In any case, the use of an offensive language is not uniformly harmful because the speaker has communication goals and objectives when using it. For example, when I swear jokingly or use it in storytelling, it reveals my innate creativity and richness. Additionally, I use it to manage my stress levels and as a substitute for physical aggression. Crude speech helps me fit in the crowd, given that most young people use it in communication. I recently discovered that swearing enhances my pain tolerance, especially when I curse after accidentally hitting a rock outcrop with my leg.

There are times when I regret using vulgar language. Despite this, I realize that taboo words are context driven and once learned, they occupy a unique position in modern language. It is also important to exercise constraint in the use of swear words, specifically in public places, school, and religious institution. If a speaker can be aware of vulgar words, he is more likely to be cautious and use it appropriately. Becoming successful in this area implies that the speaker is mature and cares about the concerns of parents, teachers, and others that dislike vulgar language. The bottom-line is that people should exercise their freedom of speech without infringing the rights of others.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanna say a big thank you Neme Amber for introducing me to Dr Emmanuel the great HERBALIST that helped me prepare home remedies that cured my herpes (HSV 2).
    I was infected with HSV 2 for the past two years and i was unable to get a better job cos all the company i was to get employed checked our blood test and found out that i was positive to GENITAL HERPES and i loosed employment.
    So i was desperate to get a cure so that i can live normal and get my job training.
    i earlier made some research and i contacted some doctors online but they keep on asking for money for courier after that they'll tell you that tax and so more so i became broke and frustrated.
    One day i was less busy so i decided to make latest research on herpes cure and i found a site  were everyone was talking about DR Emmanuel and herbs ability to cure herpes.
    So i discussed with Neme Amber and she explained to me that its very easy working with Dr Emmanuel so i contacted DR Emmanuel via email ( nativehealthclinic@gmail.com ) and he helped me just as he has helped others now im cured and different medical centers has tested me and approved me cured.
    so i decided to thank Neme Amber cos she made it possible for me.
    and i can also assure you that he can also help you. so if you need the service of DR emmanuel, ill put his details here so that you can easily get in touch wif him.
    his email: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com or WhatsApp him at +2348140073965.
    my Name is Grace from US,once again thanks to Neme Amber. im fucking hapy....  

    ReplyDelete