Monday 7 December 2015

Consumption Behaviour


Item 1
Item 2
Date
April 4th
April 4th
Place of Purchase
Koreatown Wilshire Center
Shurek Wireless, Korea Town
Item Purchased
Latest version of Ipad
Uninterrupted power Supply (UPS)
Brand Name
Apple
Kevin Range
Price
$499
$224
Other Descriptive Information
16GB internal Memory, Wi-Fi version. It does not have a cellular connection.
The automatic voltage regulator, step square wave, up to 30 minutes service time on a single computer.
Reason for Purchase
Given the portability nature, the product will assist me in my studies.
There is an electric fault in my home, which at times leads to blackouts. Use of UPS will ensure that no data is lost as I use my personal computer to study and do my assignments.
Feelings Associated with the Purchase
Personal satisfaction and respect from my peers.
I am relieved from the problems associated with electric outage resultant from faults.
Consumption  Behaviour
Week 1
Week 2

Item 1
Item 2
Date
April 9th
April 10th
Place of Purchase
Discount Shoe Factory
Apple Retail Store-Beverly Center
Item Purchased
A pair of shoes
Apple MacBook Pro
Brand Name
Nike
Apple
Price
$ 54
$1,099
Other Descriptive Information
Leather shoes
The laptop has a t13 inch retina display with a higher resolution. It has a 16 GB memory and a flash storage capacity of up to 256 GB.
Reason for Purchase
I was impressed by a friend who was wearing the same brand of shoe.
I just found out that the Ipad that I purchased earlier is inefficient in other capabilities such as typing and writing down notes. MacBook has a keyboard, hence the efficiency.
Feelings Associated with The Purchase
The purchase is mainly because of prestige associated with the brand. Therefore, this is supposed to make me have a sense of belonging
Having an apple product is currently a trend. I feel ahead of my peers by purchasing the latest version of the product.

Week 3

Item 1
Item 2
Date
April 16th
April 18th
Place of Purchase
Apple Retail Store-Beverly Center, Downtown  LA
H Savinar Luggage Co.
Item Purchased
Apple Laptop Charger
Laptop bag
Brand Name
Apple
Swiss Gear
Price
$79
$40
Other Descriptive Information
60W MagSafe power adapter
Leather bag
Reason for Purchase
For use in charging the MacBook.
For carrying books and gadgets, especially MacBook.
Feelings Associated with the purchase
The purchase complements an earlier purchase, thus solving a problem of power supply to my gadget.
A product of his brand makes me stand out in a crowd, to my satisfaction.

Ten Product List
The following is a list of products that I own and use on regular basis.
1.      Mountain Bike: I mostly use mountain bikes as a means of travel for short distances. I own a Santa Cruz bike brand which is blue in color. Additionally, the bike is medium sized and is the latest model in the market. To maintain body fitness, the bike helps in exercising and saving on travel costs.
2.      Smart Phone: I frequently use a Smartphone to access the social network and chat with friends. Currently, I own a white Samsung galaxy S4 Smartphone.
3.      Coffeemaker: Usually, I spent a lot of time gaming on my Personal Computer. Therefore, to maintain my alertness deep in the night; I regularly consume a cup of coffee. This prompted me to purchase a Melitta brand coffee maker which can make up to ten cups. Its color is silver and black.
4.      External hard drive: External hard drive is necessary for data backup in case of a computer crash.  I regularly use Monster Digital Overdrive Thunderbolt brand, black in colour and can store up to 1Terabyte of information.
5.      Sound system: I like listening to music. Therefore, I use the LG subwoofer as my sound system . the system is black in color and produces quality sound.
6.      Piano: To unwind from daytime activities, I like playing a piano. I regularly use Fazioli piano brand, which is brown in color.
7.      Watch: Even though smartphones are used to view time. A wrist watch is still a symbol of prestige. I regularly wear a silver colored, medium sized Rolex wrist watch.
8.      Gaming desktop: During my free time, I spend hours playing virtual computer games. A Dell Company gaming PC with 360 GB internal memory and 4GB of RAM is highly effective in gaming. It is black in color and I own and regularly use.
9.      Backpack: a backpack is useful--especially for a student—in carrying essentials such as books, a laptop, and other gadgets. My black Swiss Gear effectively serves this purpose for me.
10.  Headphones: Headphones are useful, especially during gym time and walking exercises. I regularly use Beats branded black with blues trips headphones. The headphones are manufactured by Apple inc. and produce good sound quality.

A Samsung Galaxy S4 and a Rolex Advert
Image result for samsung galaxy s4 adverthttps://m1.behance.net/rendition/modules/29253270/disp/c7326dade19b098ebbea98693ca6d9c6.png

Consumer Behaviour Concepts.
The adverts seek to attract the consumers attention through the utilization of various factors that can possibly influence the consumers. In the Samsung galaxy advert, for example, owning the gadget is associated with brain smartness hence satisfying the consumer need to be associated with intelligence. Additionally, the Rolex advert captures the consumer emotions by use associating elegance to the product.  Furthermore, use of gold color for a wristwatch is generally perceived as a sign of prestige, thus the consumers’ attention will be attracted. In Samsung’s adverts, the phone in comparison is darkened in color so as to improve the appeal to the consumer. Listing of capabilities of the Smartphone ensures that the consumer has a quick analysis in order to accordingly make judgments.
The Demographic and Psychographic Segments
1.      The Samsung was designed to appeal to the young demographic population and people who strive for success in their endeavors. Additionally, it was designed to appeal to the technologically savvy group.
2.      The Rolex advert was designed to appeal to an older and wealthier population in the society who have the urge of a prestigious status. The gold color is intentionally used for a psychological appeal.






No comments:

Post a Comment